Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Whats Been Going On

Well, life has been crazy around here lately. For the past 4 days I have had a migraine from HELL and have barely been able to function. Kirstey has had performances, auditions & caroling all week which I have missed due to the damn migraines!

I have been trying EVERYTHING & ANYTHING to cure my headaches this week! From different over-the-counter meds, to alcohol, sleeping pills, teas...... nothing worked until today and damn it---- I'm not sure of what DID work! I was diagnosed with cluster migraines YEARS ago but it has been a while since I have suffered from one. I hope this isn't a return to my previous times with them.

I have been working on my crafting when able. I have 4 out of 6 panels finished for my MAM afghan! I am thinking of gifting this one to my BIL and his new GF. I went to his home for the first time this past weekend and the colors would work perfectly for his living-room. Problem is, I am not sure if he would take care of it or let his dog use it. Now that he has a live-in GF I HOPE that she would make sure it isn't used as a pet bed!

Other than that, not much going on, decorating & shopping for Yule. Trying to get to see both of my sons for the holiday (both are working & live out of town). Trying to plan what to cook for Yule dinner (leaning towards either a leg of lamb OR cornish hens as a main course). And what sweets to make (choices are a cheesecake- or variation, apple pie, red velvet cake OR home-made baklava). I will probable choose two of the above. I'm thinking an apple-caramel cheesecake and a red velvet cake. Both from scratch of course! The sides are already set- the usual deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green beans, gravy, dressing, and homemade buttermilk biscuits. I am just having a hard time with the meat & sweets! And voted out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment