Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Can't Seem To Settle On A Project!

Here I go again.... going through a period of startitis! I have given up on the February Lady Sweater for now. The acrylic yarn just was too thick for my likes.
I found 1 skein of gray yarn for Summer's hat but I am not sure if it would be enough for it. I have to search for more gray in my stash (which is taking over EVERY closet in the house + my bedroom). Even though I am sure that I don't have anymore gray- you never know what I may have forgotten buying.


I have started 2 afghans (both crocheted). A ripple pattern for the livingroom in brown, tan, sage, dk green & white. I am not sure if I am liking the pattern though (Jeff picked out the pattern). I have tried 3 or 4 different patterns with this yarn so far and just cannot seem to find one to suit my fickle tastes.
I have also started Rectangular Granny afghan for my 4 year old niece Cierra. I am using white and the purple and pink yarns I found in my stash. I hope she likes it- it will be her Christmas gift.


I have also ordered MORE yarn. Mill ends from www.Angelicrafts.com 2 pkgs of variegated browns, 6 pkgs of chocolate brown, and 5 pkgs of white. The packages are between 15 and 18 ounces each. AS they get more colors in I will order more to have enough for the afghans I plan to make for everyone for Christmas next year.


This weekend I have to go do my Holiday shopping (I think I procrastinate hoping that the shopping fairies will do it for me). Jeff and I usually go out only 1 day and knock it all out! Then I come home and have a bottle of wine, a mixed drink (or five), or just sit down with the bottle of rum if it was REALLY bad and I wrap the gifts-LOL pretty bad Holiday tradition aint it???
We also have to pick out the tree, get it home, decorate it while watching "A Year Without A Santa Clause" and drinking hot-chocolate (for Jeff, Kirstey & Summer) and Egg Nog for me. Then we also have to decorate the outside of the house and the yard (Jeff does that part).


So, I guess I had better knit & crochet as much as possible before the weekend cause I know that there isn't going to be much crafting this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment