Saturday, February 7, 2009

Terrible Start-itus!

Well, it has happened! AGAIN! I have a case of the terrible start-itus! I try to fight it off, really I do, but in the end my defenses are useless! I wonder if there is a cure, a pill or treatment out there?

I have CO & ripped out 3 different sweater patterns just this past week! Let alone the socks, slippers, and wash cloths that are calling me!

I have managed to finish my Hey Teach just in time to wear it to April's baby shower! No one could believe that I made it myself (which I take as a compliment). It did wind up being a little to tight so I wore it over a cami with just the top button closed. The Mr. asked me if I was going to keep it or give it away (I usually give everything I make away)- I am not sure still. I am trying to lose weight and in 15 or 20 lbs it will fit perfectly. But, also it would fit my mother and I haven't given her a sweater in a while. It would also fit my younger sister nad I've never given her anything that I've knit. So, we will see...I can always make another ;o)

I have Mr. Greenjeans ONT right now. I am using size 8 cable needles and some black acrylic that I have too much of. How I long to knit with nicer yarns but, budget won't allow it right now and I still have to knit! I hope it softens up quite a bit when it is washed! I modified the pattern slightly by knitting the neck trim and button bands in garter stitch as I make the sweater. I'm not to fond of picking-up stitches and adding the button band after I spent all the time knitting the sweater. The neckband is curling slightly so I will have to add a row or two of a crocheted edging to tame it. I found the most beautiful button for it already! It looks more like a brooch than a button.

I am already thinking onto Spring knits. I do not have a lot of nice Spring tops in my wardrobe so, time to find some great patterns! Living in the South I would like them to be cotton and Goddess knows I have tons of it! So, any suggestions for nice patterns for BBW?





You Are Lightning



Beautiful yet dangerous

People will stop and watch you when you appear

Even though you're capable of random violence



You are best known for: your power



Your dominant state: performing

No comments:

Post a Comment